Below you can read the accessibility statement for our website and find further contact information if you have any questions
IMPACT Website Accessibility Statement
This website is run by IMPACT (Improving Adult Care Together), a project managed by the University of Birmingham.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. Our accessibility commitment includes making sure that our website visitors can:
- easily understand our web pages by making the content as simple as possible (wherever possible)
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you may not be able to change colors, contrast levels, and fonts
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- our videos are embedded from YouTube and may feature labeling from YouTube itself, which could be incorrect or not sufficiently descriptive, you can visit our YouTube channel to see more of our videos.
- not all videos appear to screen readers
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format email: [email protected]
Include in your email the web address of the content (specific URL) and the format you need. For example:
- accessible PDF
- large print
- easy read version
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
[email protected]. Please write “website accessibility issues” in the subject line.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
IMPACT is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the web content accessibility guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to certain non-compliances and exemptions.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations: PDFs, videos and other documents
Many of our PDFs and other document types may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
We are developing a document format using html web pages, which will be more accessible than PDFs.
Not all of our videos appear to screen readers. We have ensured that the information contained in the video is written on the screen. We are looking into alternative embedding methods to make our videos visible to screen readers.
Where documents are not in the format you need, you can request an alternative by emailing [email protected]
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
As we continue to develop the website and its content, we will re-audit and test the website for accessibility on a regular basis.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23rd January 2023. It was last reviewed on 23rd January 2023.
This website was last tested on 23rd January 2023. The test was carried out by IMPACT using Silktide Website Accessibility Tools.
We carried out testing on a sample of pages. Criteria included:
- pages that gave a good example of each one of our templates
- pages that included images, multimedia content and interactive elements
- pages that included web forms.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact us.